Saturday, June 18, 2011

Google Docs, Blooms Taxonomy, and the Chromebook

The Software
I can do a full write up about why Google Docs can be a great collabrative tool for the 21st century classroom, but I'd rather show you this chart I have seen floating around the internets to demonstrate the relationship of Google's apps to Blooms Taxonomy, enjoy. 
  
http://kathyschrock.net/googleblooms/
The Hardware

There has been a lot of buzz about Google's cloud based services and their Chromebook co-developed with Acer and Samsung. At a cheap price point this simplified piece of hardware provides all the power necessary for a collaborative classroom. Although I am a Mac man, I would love to have a classroom stocked with these. Simple, light, and efficient.
Imagine, students can produce reports or presentations without having to crowd around one computer or pass around a thumbdrive/ CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment